Cable ties are one of the most common and versatile tools in a mechanic’s arsenal. They can be used to secure wires and cables, attach parts together, and hold things in place. However, not all staple guns are created equal when it comes to cable ties.
Some of the best staple guns are those that have large staples, those with adjustable triggers, and those that have ergonomic designs. So, choosing the best staple gun for cables requires you to consider both the material you will be stapling together and the specifics of your project.
Here are four of the best staple guns for cables:
|Arrow T2025 Dual Purpose Staple Gun and Wire Tacker Silver||View Details|
|Stanley CT10X Heavy Duty Staple Gun/Cable Tacker||View Details|
|Arrow T25 Low Voltage Wire Staple Gun, Fits up to 1/4-Inch Wires||View Details|
|Surebonder 5725 Heavy Duty Cable Tacker Staple Gun – Up to 1/4″ Cables – TV, Phone, Ethernet||View Details|
|Arrow T72 Wire and Cable Staple Gun||View Details|
|Arrow T59 Professional Insulated Cable Staple Gun||View Details|
|Gardner Bender MSG-301 Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel Staple Gun||Vier Details|
|Gardner Bender MSG-501 Heavy-Duty Cable Boss Staple Gun||View Details|
Top 8 Best Staple Gun For Cables
The below best staple gun for wire list typically includes a description of each wire staple gun, In addition to its special features, it also has images and information on where to buy them.
- Wear and tear are resistant to chrome
- Staples with flat crowns and round crowns
- Handle lock
- Easy to compress, short span
- Jam-resistant mechanism
- Made in the USA
- Compatible with T25 staple sizes 3/8-inch (10mm), 7/16-inch (11mm), 9/16-inch (14mm), and T20 staple sizes 5/16-inch (8mm), 3/8-inch (10mm), 1/2-inch (12mm).
The Arrow T2025 Dual Purpose Staple Gun and Wire Tacker is a high-quality, durable staple gun that is perfect for a variety of tasks. The chrome finish resists wear and tear and the handle lock makes it easy to use. The jam-resistant mechanism is great for those who are not mechanically inclined.
The Arrow T2025 low profile all steel construction stapler is a versatile tool that can handle a full strip of T20 flat crown or T25 round crown staples. This stapler features a lock down handle, staple height adjustment guide, a patented jam proof mechanism, and an “easy squeeze” double leverage operation. It can shoot two types and 7 sizes of staples, making it ideal for all types of low voltage wiring jobs up to ¼” wide.
The short span, easy-compression handle makes it easy to operate, and the jam-resistant mechanism ensures that the gun always works flawlessly. There is a T25 staple size of 3/8-inch (10mm), a 7/16-inch (11mm), and a 9/16-inch (14mm), as well as a T20 staple size of 5/16-inch (8mm), 3/8-inch (10mm), and 1/2-inch (12mm). .
- Ergonomic design for comfortable use
- Handle lock for safety
- Wire guide for precise staple placement
- Curved driver protects wire from damage
- All steel construction
- Uses 3/8-Inch- 9/16-Inch Stanley CT100 series or Arrow T-25 cable staples
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
If you need a heavy-duty steel staple gun that can handle low-voltage wires and cables up to 1/4 inch in diameter, then the Stanley CT10X Heavy Duty Staple Gun is an excellent choice. With a cushioned grip and convenient handle lock, this staple gun is comfortable and safe to use, and the wire guide ensures fast and accurate placement of staples.
Plus, the curved driver protects the wire from damage, and the all-steel construction is built to last. The all steel construction makes it a durable and long lasting tool. Product weight is only 1.8 pounds, making it very easy to use. The wire guide ensures fast and sure placement of staples. This Stapler is a great addition to any tool box.
- READY FOR ACTION: This stapler works for all professional and DIY low voltage wiring projects including alarm systems, thermostats, holiday lights, and more; It is great for stapling into hard surfaces like fiber cement siding materials and hardwood trim
- USE THE RIGHT STAPLES: This tool works exclusively with genuine Arrow T25 staples and can be used to fasten wires up to 1/4-Inch in diameter; The jam-resistant, rear-load mechanism fits wiring staples in three sizes: 3/8-Inch, 7/16-Inch, or 9/16-Inch
- HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Made in the USA , the chromed steel housing and hardened steel working parts provide strength and durability for this stapler
- COMFORT: The cushioned comfort grip on the handle reduces strain for the user
- BUILT FOR ACCURACY: A grooved wire guide tracks along the cable, speeding the work and preventing damage to the wires
The Arrow T25 Low Voltage Wire Staple Gun is a great tool for anyone who needs to fasten low voltage wires quickly and efficiently. This wire tacker is specifically designed for safe, fast, and efficient low voltage wire fastening and is ideal for wires up to ¼” diameter.
It features a tapered striking edge for getting into close corners, a grooved guide for proper staple envelopment, and a grooved driving blade that halts the staple at the right height to prevent wire damage.
This staple gun is manufactured for use with round crown staples, which fit snugly around the wire, and is compatible with 415.8796, 415.8812, or 415.8846 staples. It is also great for use in the telephone, electrical, electronics, and communications fields.
- Securely fasten low voltage wire such as Coax RG6, Coax RG59, Ethernet Cat-5, telephone wire, This model replaces the Surebonder 5645 cable/wire tacker
- Uses Surebonder #7 and Arrow T25 round crown cable tacker staples.
- Features hassle-free, drop-in staple loading that makes reloading a breeze.
- Durable, all-steel construction with a black painted finish to protect from rusting.
- Ergonomic non-slip grip material placed on the handle
- Control the driving force for various projects, repairs, and surfaces that require variable depths.
The Surebonder 5725 Heavy Duty Cable Tacker Staple Gun is a great way to quickly and easily staple cables and wires. This new model replaces the older 5645 model, and features an easy drop-in staple loading system that makes reloading a breeze.
It’s made of all steel construction, can hold a full strip of T20 or T25 staples, and comes with a lock down handle, staple height adjustment guide, and patented jam proof mechanism. It also has a lock down handle, staple height adjustment guide, and a patented jam proof mechanism. Not to mention, the “easy squeeze” double leverage operation makes it a breeze to use.
To remove the staple gun, simply squeeze the track release and pull away. Then, insert the staples with the points facing up into the chamber. Finally, return the track release to its original position within the staple gun.
The ergonomic non-slip grip material placed on the handle makes this staple gun comfortable to use, and the durable all-steel construction with a black painted finish protects from rusting. The adjustable drive lever lets you control the depth of the staples, making this staple gun perfect for a variety of projects.
This staple gun is ideal for all types of low voltage wiring jobs up to ¼” wide. So if you’re looking to install telephones, intercoms, security cameras, burglar alarm systems, cable TV, or computers, this is the staple gun for you!
- Shoots large insulated staples
- Professional grade quality
- Features color coded, non slip grip
- Wire guide included
- For non-metallic sheathed cable 12/2-, 14/2-, and other wire up to 1/2-inch wide
- Made in the USA
- Works with 31/64-inch (12mm) insulated fastener and 19/31-inch insulated fastener
The Arrow T72 Wire and Cable Staple Gun is a professional grade quality tool that is perfect for the installation of computer cable, dual RG-6 and non-metallic sheathed cable. The insulated C-UL-US listed staples meet current standards, are approved for job sites, and won’t crimp or damage the wire.
This staple gun features an all chromed steel housing, hardened steel working parts, proven rear-load magazine, and a grooved wire guide and driving blade. Works with 31/64-inch (12mm) insulated fastener and 19/31-inch insulated fastener. Proudly made in the USA.
Additionally, the all chromed steel housing, hardened steel working parts, and proven rear-load magazine make this staple gun durable and easy to use.
- The T59 is a great choice for installing data and communication wiring
- This cable stapler is perfect for installing computer, CAT5 / CAT6, RG6 / RG9, COAX, and phone cables without crimping
- The convenient and reliable rear-load magazine fits insulated staples in three sizes: 1/4-Inch x 1/4-Inch, 1/4-Inch x 5/16-Inch, and 5/16-Inch x 5/16-Inch
- Made in the USA, the chromed steel housing and hardened steel working parts provide strength and durability for this stapler
- The rubberized comfort grip on the short span, easy compression handle reduces strain for the user
- A grooved wire guide tracks along the cable, speeding the work and preventing damage.
If you’re in the market for a quality wiring tacker, the Arrow T59 is a great choice. This stapler is perfect for installing computer, CAT5 / CAT6, RG6 / RG9, COAX, and phone cables without crimping, and is built for accuracy with a grooved wire guide that tracks along the cable.
The T59 is also made in the USA with chromed steel housing and hardened steel working parts for strength and durability. Plus, the rubberized comfort grip on the short span, easy compression handle reduce strain for the user.
The Arrow T59 Wiring Tacker is a reliable and easy-to-use device that is perfect for a variety of low voltage wiring applications. It is available in chrome and black finishes, and the fasteners are available in black and clear colors.
They are ideal for use with telephone wires, TV cables, computer cables, intercom cables, and security system wiring since they are coated with a special material that increases their holding power by three times.
A grooved wire guide tracks along the cable, speeding the work and preventing damage. Plus, the rubberized comfort grip on the short span, easy compression handle reduce strain for the user. So why wait? Get your Arrow T59 today!
- Low-Volt Staple Gun
- Superior quality at an affordable price
- Safety handle for compact storage
The Gardner Bender MSG-301 Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel Staple Gun is a great tool for stapling low-voltage wiring. The heavy-duty design is resistant to damage and interference with the electrical current. The safety handle makes it easy to store and the easy loading makes it a breeze to use.
This staple gun features a heavy-duty stainless steel design that is resistant to damage and interference with electrical current. The MSG-301 is also compatible with 5/32 in. MMS-3101 and 1/4 in. MMS-3102 staples. The safety handle makes it easy to store, and the easy loading system makes it a breeze to use.
- PATENTED DESIGN: works with GB staples mps-2080 5/16 inch, mps-2100 ⅜ inch, and mps-2125 ½ inch metal insulated staples
- COMFORTABLE: comfort & ergonomic handle design, easy lever action and front grip area for two handed operation
- HEAVY-DUTY: survives 10 ft. Drop
- EASY TO USE: rear guide for added Cable control reduces cable twisting
- RELIABLE: staple guide ensures full insertion of the staple into the wood without damage to the cable insulation
- The Cable Boss gun only works with our patented MPS-2080, MPS-2100 and MPS-2125
- Comfort grip areas for 2-handed operation
- Easy trigger force requires less physical exertion
- Secures NM, Coax, VDV, and Low Voltage Cable
The Gardner Bender MSG-501 Heavy-Duty Staple Gun is a top-of-the-line staple gun that is designed to work with the specially designed cable Boss staples. This staple gun is a must-have for anyone who needs to fasten most types of cable. The staples are designed to offer fast and easy installation, and they will not rust, rot, or deteriorate, providing long-term reliability.
The Gardner Bender MSG-501 Heavy-Duty Cable Staple Gun is the perfect tool for all of your cable fastening needs. From low voltage wire to service entrance cables, this staple gun can handle it all with ease. The reliable staples are designed to offer fast and easy installation and will not rust, rot, or deteriorate over time. With its forward thinking design concepts, this staple gun is sure to be a useful tool for generations to come.
The Gardner Bender MSG-501 Heavy-Duty Cable Staple Gun is the perfect tool for securing 120-Volt and low voltage cable. With its comfort grip areas for 2 handed operation, easy trigger force and ergonomic handle, this staple gun is rugged enough to survive a 10 ft. drop. Other features include a reversible cable guide for easy cable stapling change over, a staple refill window to view remaining staples and a rear cable guide for added cable control reduces cable twisting.
Can You Use a Staple Gun for Cables?
You can use a staple gun for cables. It’s not the best option, but it will work in a pinch. Make sure to use staples that are specifically designed for cable, and avoid using too many staples or stapling too close to the connector.
Why You Should Use a Staple Gun for Cables?
There are a few reasons why you should use a staple gun for cables.
First, a staple gun will securely attach the cable to the surface, which is important to prevent it from becoming loose over time.
Second, a staple gun will create a more professional appearance, which is important if you’re trying to maintain a neat and organized workspace.
Finally, using a staple gun is a quick and easy way to attach cables, which can save you time and hassle.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Staple Gun for Cables?
There are a few factors to consider when choosing the best staple gun for cables. Here are some factors you should take into account:
The size of the staple gun is important because it needs to be able to handle the size of the staples you will be using. A small staple gun may not be able to handle the larger staples, while a larger staple gun may be too big and bulky. Choose the size based on the staples you will be using.
A heavier staple gun can be a bit more difficult to handle, so if you are not used to using one, you may want to go with a lighter option.
A staple gun with an ergonomic handle will be more comfortable to use and will reduce hand fatigue.
Easy to Load
If you are constantly reloading the staple gun, you will want to find one that is easy to load. Some staple guns have a magazine that can be removed and replaced quickly.
An adjustable depth feature will allow you to control how far the staple goes into the surface you are stapling. This is a useful feature if you are working with different thicknesses of materials.
Benefits of Using a Staple Gun for Cables
There are a few benefits of using a staple gun for cables. Here are some of the benefits you can expect:
1. Less Damage to Cables: When you use a staple gun to secure cables, there is less of a chance of damaging the cables. This is because the staples do not puncture the cables like a nail or screw would.
2. Easy to Use: A staple gun is very easy to use. Just load the staples into the gun and start stapling.
3. Quick and Easy: A staple gun is much quicker and easier to use than a screwdriver or a hammer.
4. No Special Tools Required: You do not need any special tools to use a staple gun. Just load the staples and start stapling.
5. Portable: A staple gun is very portable and can be taken with you wherever you go.
Things to Avoid When Using a Staple Gun for Cables
There are a few things you should avoid when using a staple gun for cables. Here are some things to avoid:
- Do Not Overload the Staple Gun: Overloading the staple gun can cause jams and can damage the gun.
- Do Not Use the Wrong Size Staples: Using the wrong size staples can damage the gun and can cause the staples to not hold properly.
- Do Not Use Damaged Staples: Damaged staples can cause the gun to jam and can also cause the staples to not hold properly.
- Do Not Use the Gun on Soft Surfaces: Do not use the staple gun on soft surfaces such as carpet or foam. The staples will not hold properly in these types of surfaces.
A staple gun is a very useful tool that can be used for a variety of purposes. It is the best way to fasten cables together. It is quick, easy, and efficient. If you need to secure cables, a staple gun is a great option.
Be sure to consider the type of material you will be stapling, the thickness of the cable, and the amount of force you need to apply to get the job done. With the right staple gun, you can quickly and easily connect cables for a variety of projects.