Best Right Angle Flashlights. The right-angle flashlight is an innovation of round tube lights. When you have work, that would keep your hands busy, then the hands-free option of a right angle flashlight military will help you with that.
These flashlights were created for firefighters, rescue teams, and military professionals. The lights in these are front-facing and hold an articulating head that enables the user to adjust the beam’s position according to the required needs.
In addition to its articulating head design, it also consists of red, green, and blue LED lights. Brands like Pelican and Stream light first designed the right-angle flashlights, but many other brands have also jumped into creating new technology flashlights.
If you are thinking about purchasing one, then our list of the best right-angle flashlights will help you in buying the perfect one.
How Do You Compare the Different Right-Angle Flashlights?
|Brand||Weight||Lumens||Casing Material||Type of bulb||Warranty|
|Streamlight survivor LED||13.1ounces||175 lumens||Nylon||LED||Two years|
|PolyTac LED||5.8ounces||170 lumens||Nylon polymer||LED||Two years|
|Pelican LED flashlight||9.9ounces||653 lumens||Photoluminescent||LED||Lifetime guarantee|
|Military tactical flashlight||4ounces||55 lumens||Nylon||LED||One year guarantee|
|Perun flashlight||4.4ounces||2000 lumens||Aluminum||LED||Two-year guarantee|
It is a good idea to search and learn about the different flashlights and then purchase one, read through the reviews to find the best right-angle flashlights.
1. Streamlight 90540 Survivor LED Firefighter Right Angle Flashlight
Streamlight’s flashlight is fundamentally a safe, lightweight, handheld flashlight with a head angled at a right angle. The survivor flashlight has been designed to be used for dangerous locations.
The Stream light’s LED flashlight offers a brilliant and robust, blinding light. It is resistant to shock and has a lifetime of 50,000 hours. The reflector designed inside of it produces such an intense beam that it cuts through the darkness, offering a long-time running.
The LED technology has an increased level of brightness, and the stimulated circuitry provides a controlled intensity. It proves to be the best right-angle survival flashlight.
- It features a super-bright beam that goes through the smoke.
- The beam has a light intensity of 41,000 candelas and a distance of 405m.
- It can run for straight four hours without charging.
- This flashlight has a rubber push button switch that is easy to use while wearing gloves.
- It has a dual power source; it can be recharged or run on batteries.
- This right angle light has four modes; high mode, low mode, emergency flash, and moonlight mode.
- The case of the flashlight is made from a high effect, tough nylon.
- It has an unbreakable Lexan lens and a silicon anti-scratch layering.
This flashlight comes in three different colors; yellow, international safety orange, and black.
2. Streamlight 88830 LED Right Angle Flashlight
The workers can clip this versatile 90 degree small right-angle flashlight to a turn-out gear or a flexible head strap. It can be easily operated with gloves, and the attached push-button switch offers a one-click constantly-on operation.
You can achieve an activated mode from the strobe mode with a fast double click. This streamlight PolyTac flashlight offers a removable and rotating clip to provide a variety of options for increasing positions. The intensity is regulated throughout the reflector present inside and produces an even beam with outstanding illumination.
- These flashlights are classified as serial wise for easy identification.
- Almost all models are according to the European Community Directives.
- It comprises three modes; high. Low and strobe modes.
- This flashlight uses lithium batteries.
- It has a shelf life of 10 years.
- The design is IPX7 rated.
- It has an O-ring sealed.
- The PolyTac small-angle flashlight has a super-strong nylon polymer casing that helps it be durable and has a perfect grip.
- It can stay waterproof to a meter for half an hour.
3.Pelican 3410 Right Angle LED Flashlight
The spectacular 3410 right angle flashlight is a compact work light. It has a casing that glows in the dark because of its photoluminescent material. Now, if you lose your flashlight in the dark, it will be easier to find it.
The great thing about this right angle light is that it has been equipped with a spotlight and a flood LED, for closer and far distances. This Pelican flashlight is a wide-angle flashlight that can pierce through the darkness many yards away. It can be triggered to run on both LEDs with three levels of brightness. The light can be headed in different directions because of the articulating head and the in-built clip. Right angle flashlights typically offer a longer battery life. The only concern about Pelican is that it is a heavy flashlight.
The Pelican professional lighting tool is a multi-tasking tool to help you to complete your job in any situation.
- It has a body that glows.
- It can run in three modes; which are spot, flood, and both methods.
- It has an articulating head that can move toward any needed direction.
- It has an attached clip.
- The beam has a high, low, and medium mode.
- It comes with 3 AA batteries.
- It can run for 5 hours on high mode, for 19 hours on medium mode, and 61 hours on low mode.
- The distance of the beam is 184 meters.
- This flashlight comes with a lifetime guarantee.
4. Streamlight 14032 Tactical Military Right Angle Flashlight
The Streamlight right-angle military flashlight is a superior military flashlight with an angular head. It is compact and has an LED flashlight that is made with C4 LED technology. This flashlight has been designed to complete different illumination tasks.
The LEDs perform at variable outputs and running times. The flashlight offers a 185-degree tilting head and a web clip to position the light at the workspace. It contains a rotary selector knob that keeps the modes to change accidentally and provides four illumination sources.
- The flashlight case is made with a strong nylon material that offers excellent durability and weather resistance.
- It has a strong polycarbonate lens that can’t be broken easily.
- The lens has been coated with a scratch-resistant material.
- It contains O-rings and gasket-sealed openings for waterproofing.
- The design is IPX7 rated.
- It has been assembled in the USA.
- It comes with two AA batteries that provide a faster replacement. The lithium AA cells offer more prolonged operation in extreme weather conditions.
- The tactile battery polarity indicates the battery replacement in the dark.
- Its design doesn’t require the user to access different switching places on the device.
- The rubber dome activator and four-position locking rotary selection knob offer comfortable performance when wearing gloves.
- This military right angle flashlight is shockproof, features 55 lumens tactical flashlight, 1175 light intensity, and a 69-meter beam light distance.
5. Olight Perun Multi-Functional Right Angle Headlight
Olight Perun’s right angle flashlight is a multi-tasking illumination light powered by a 3500mAh battery and has a maximum output of two thousand lumens.
It is a small right-angle flashlight that holds a current of 1.5 A. As soon as the infrared sensor built inside detects a hurdle, the light’s brightness will be decreased to a lower level for protection purposes.
This flashlight can be hand-held with a pocket clip for various attachment processes, making it robust, reliable, and essential equipment for many activities.
- This flashlight features a 90 degree head.
- It includes a stainless steel pocket clip for hands-free attachment.
- It offers an ultimate performance cool white LED.
- It has a design that is IPX8 rated.
- The body of this light is made with Aluminium Alloy.
- It includes a 3500mAh 18650 battery.
- It comes with an optional headband accessory, which is convenient for different applications.
- The body has been designed to have a solid grip.
6. NICRON Rechargeable Flashlights, Magnetic Adjustable-Head Tactical Portable Flashlight
This magnetic base adjustable-head tactical flashlight has a super bright beam and a long life. This tool can illuminate an entire room and focus on objects that are above 670 feet. The light is ten times more than that of a glowing lamp.
The flashlight comes with a rechargeable battery and can be powered for hours using it. You can use this light at home, to walk your dog and special work scenes.
- It is reliable and specially designed for heavy rin; this LED flashlight can bear a 4-foot water drop and temporarily stay underwater.
- It has a ninety-degree rotation quality.
- This flashlight is a compact tool that can be kept in a toolbox or a bag.
- The case is made up of superior aluminum material, and the exclusive CNC texture of the flashlight makes it easier to grasp and keeps it from falling out of the hand.
- Its size has been constructed, keeping the needs of American users in mind.
- It comes with multiple working modes.
- The smart switch technology inside it indicates the remaining power in the flashlight.
- It features tri-color LEDs.
The Perun flashlight has professional features and design that is suitable to be used by professionals.
7. Fenix LD15R Mini Rechargeable Right Angle Flashlight
The Fenix LD15R right-angle flashlight falls under the category of small right-angle flashlights. Once you start using it, you would not want to let go of it, this would be your everyday-carry flashlight. This flashlight is perfect for a hands-free light required for repairing, housework, daily use, and emergency purposes.
- This flashlight offers a dual light source and features a CREE XP-G3 LED.
- It has an output of 500 lumens and a beam distance of 92 yards.
- It offers a button located on the top of the light that controls four white outputs and three red outputs.
- This mini flashlight comes with a rechargeable battery that is charged from a micro USB port.
- The flashlight indicates when it requires charging through its power indicator.
- It comes with a magnetic tail cap and clip to provide you with many options for positioning it and carry out any task.
- It has an IP68 rating, which means that it can bear day and night use.
- The casing has been made from strong aluminum that makes it long-lasting.
Why Choose the Right Angle Flashlight?
The right-angle flashlight is usually not an option when someone is looking for personal use. These flashlights are connected to someone with the help of a clip and illuminate the user’s way.
These flashlights allow adjusting the head depending on the work that needs to be done. Its hands-free quality offers the worker to focus on the job rather than holding the light in hand.
What Is a Right Angle Firefighter Flashlight?
A right-angle firefighter flashlight is like any other ordinary flashlight, which has an incandescent bulb mounted at a 90 degree angle from the handle.
These tools make the work of a firefighter easier than other flashlights. These can be clipped to a bunker coat or can be hand-held. They usually use a lot of power to produce a very bright light, but they can run for many hours due to the new battery technology.
Although fire provides light for the firefighter, a good flashlight helps to pierce through the smoke and assists the firefighter in working safely. This flashlight is the best right angle flashlight for firefighters.
Right Angle Flashlights for Firefighters & Military Professionals
Flashlights for firefighters and military professionals are an essential tool. Firefighters require either a helmet flashlight, a hand-held one, or a right angle torch.
Although all flashlights in our list are excellent, and you will find a flashlight of your choice, the following ones are the best for firefighters and military people.
Streamlight Knuckle-Head LED
These right angle flashlights can be hung onto the fighters’ coats while they work. The buyers are big fans of this light because of its two-way articulating head.
Streamlight Survival LED Light
This one is a smaller version of a Streamlight survivor knucklehead but has fewer features as compared to it. This tool is more durable and costs less.
Nightstick Intrant LED Light
The nightstick flashlight comprises a one-axis rotating head, a recharging port, and a good alternative for the knucklehead flashlight.
Streamlight Vantage 180 X
The vantage flashlight is a helmet flashlight that stays out of the way while the work is done. It is small in size and easier to use and handle.
Nightstick NSP-4650B Helmet-Mounted Flashlight
This nightstick is not versatile, but it can be mounted on the helmet and can be left there while you do your work.
What to Look for in a Right Angle Flashlight for Firefighters?
So what to look for in a right-angle flashlight if you are a firefighter or just buying it for everyday use?
Many factors should be considered before you buy a flashlight; we have explained those factors below.
Everything about a flashlight depends on the output it gives; the brighter the light it produces, the better the flashlight. It would help if you went for the one that has at least 160 lumens in high mode.
The Intensity of the Beam
The beam should be able to pierce through the darkness or the smoke. The intensity of the shaft is measured in candelas. The maximum beam length is also an essential factor while choosing a flashlight.
Size and Weight
Flashlights that can be held in hand are heavier than a regular flashlight, and you should try to get one that is lighter in weight and small in size. It would help if you tried to keep the weight minimum since a firefighter’s gear is bulky.
Type of Battery
Opt for flashlights with dual power sources, and the ones that come with rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, which can also be replaced with alkaline batteries.
Waterproofing and Shock Resistance Qualities
Waterproofing and shock resistivity are two crucial factors that make the work easier for firefighters.
The cost of your flashlight should be reasonable or according to what you can afford. There are many affordable flashlights for firefighters that come within the range of $200.
Which Is the Best-LED Flashlight on the Market?
The best-LED flashlight that is available on the market is Thrunite Archer 2A V3. It is the best option for many people; it has a more range of brightness settings and is easy to use. It has a versatile design.
What Is the Best Military-Grade Flashlight?
The Fenix PD35 Tac Tactical Edition Flashlight is the best military flashlight available in the market and satisfies the standards required for an army flashlight.
Why Are Military Flashlights Angled?
The military flashlights are angled to be used in a hands-free manner while being attached to the kit. Multiple lenses are also added to help in preventing the loss of night vision.
How Many Lumens does a good Flashlight have?
The standard lumens for a good flashlight are 100 lumens and a running time of 5 to 10 hours. This is enough to light up a dark room or space. Lumens measure the amount of light that is emitted from a light source. The higher the number of lumens, the brighter the light.
While choosing the best right angle flashlight, the most crucial factor is the user’s need. It depends on how you want to use it and what you have to use it for. You should know how much light can a particular flashlight produce and for how long it can run.
All the flashlights on our list are light in weight and use rechargeable batteries. These can be easily operated and can be hand-held.
These can be used by firefighters, military professionals and can be used for everyday chores as well. When purchasing a flashlight, it is better to find out if its features are according to your work’s need. Any of the flashlights in this list would do a decent job and will not create a hurdle while you work.
You May Also Like: 5 Best Hybrid Table Saw Under 1000 Reviews & Buying Advice